Friday, January 17, 2014

Goodbye to house.

I can't say I'm sorry to see this house go as it has been boarded up since at least 2007, when I moved to the neighborhood.  Plus, once a gang of homeless people had a huge fight in the backyard while I was walking by and the bad vibes have never dissipated.

I felt compelled to make a record of its being though.  Poor house.  Too bad no one took care of you.
Any bets about what will replace it?  It's sandwiched between a gas station/cheap tobacco store and a house that has a coffee shop.  I'm guessing it will be commercial rather than residential, but you never know.  Then again, it could just become a vacant lot.

3 comments:

  1. Do they often leave vacant lots in this part of town? Perhaps it could become a community garden space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a goodly amount of vacant lots in my neighborhood. But mostly they become infill. Which, as you know, I have mixed feelings about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, a restaurant, perhaps? Or maybe a clothes store? I'm interested to see what it will eventually become!

    ReplyDelete