Friday, February 14, 2014

Three sentence movie reviews: Slings and Arrows Season 2

The play this season was Macbeth, which I learned is a very difficult play to stage effectively.  Our leads got up to some amusing shenanigans and some young players got to do the worst Romeo and Juliet ever conceived.  I found this season to be not as funny as the first one, but still enjoyable because the characters are interesting.


Cost:  free from library
Where watched: at home with Matt

poster from: http://www.amazon.com/Slings-Arrows-Season-Paul-Gross/dp/B000H5U5M6

4 comments:

  1. I've been watching this show called Todd and the Book of Pure Evil (also Canadian; a horror-comedy) and discovered that one of the actors is on Slings & Arrows, although not until season 3 so you haven't seen him. Of course, Canada is a bit like England in that it seems like they have a somewhat small pool of actors available for TV shows, so you see the same ones over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all those Canadian actors need is a wildly successful seven book series to be made into a machine of a movie operation that makes them all kajillionaires for small parts here and there, just like Harry Potter did for the English actors.

    That show looks great. I'll have to see if the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know this show. I assume that you posted about Season one. Sorry I seem to be inattentive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I remember these posts! Must get on it. When VM let's me go!

    ReplyDelete