Saturday, February 8, 2014

Three sentence movie reviews: People Like Us

I grabbed it for the Chris Pine eye candy (and good acting skill) but loved it because of Elizabeth Banks' subtle skill portraying Frankie.  This was a solidly built drama with good performances throughout.  While I enjoyed the movie as it spooled along, the end convinced me I had wisely invested my time.

Cost:  free from library
Where watched: at home while the ice was raining down on our snow accumulation.

poster from: http://www.impawards.com/2012/people_like_us.html

2 comments:

  1. I just looked up the blurb. Sounds like an interesting concept. I may have to check it out - after I finish my Oscar winners. I want to get them done already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to think of her as Effie and then playing this completely realistic (I assume, having not actually seen the movie) character. She plays Effie with such dimensions that I am not surprised. I really wanted to see this, not sure why we didn't get to it.

    ReplyDelete