Thursday, August 8, 2013

Three sentence movie reviews: Bernie

This was a fun, funny, well-acted film that you should see because all the main actors are clearly having so much fun.  But my favorite part was the way the people in the town told the story of poor Bernie and that horrid Marjorie Nugent.  After the movie is done, you can watch the great DVD extras of the locals telling town stories and how Richard Linklater was interested in the story very early on.


Also!  Jack Black in a scene from my very favorite stage musical!

4 comments:

  1. I have pondered seeing this movie. I can be hot/cold with Jack Black. Sounds like I would enjoy this version of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jack Black playing a very kind and solicitous middle aged man. Not the hyped up Jack Black of "School of Rock" and "High Fidelity". He really is a marvel. And there are two numbers from musicals. I think you would like it, especially if you like Shirley MacLaine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on my Netflix queue. Hopefully I'll get to it before they take it off instant watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finally saw it. So funny. I like this version of Jack Black!

    ReplyDelete