Friday, August 2, 2013

Colette Patterns' Laurel: More sewing adventures. Final muslin, Dritz magnetic pin cushion, pressing fabric & cutting out pattern.

Here's the new fit with the new FBA.  There is still that line of extra fabric from the bust, but I'm done fiddling.  We will just go from here.
 
New sleeve.  Seems okay too.

I splurged and bought the Dritz magnetic pin cushion.  I did not like it.  The magnet isn't very strong and the pins fly off.  Do not buy one.
 
Pressing 10.5 yards of fabric is a very daunting task.
 
Happily, my drying racks came in handy for storing the pressed material.
 
My apron patterns needed to be enlarged.  I took care of two of the pieces on the copy machine at work.
 
But two pieces needed to be enlarged more than 400% so I went to (what I still think of as) Kinkos.  (Now known as Fed/Ex.)  A wonderful employee Heatherann helped me and look!  For $3.75 I didn't have to tape a million sheets of paper together.  That was so worth it!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric shot, too. Can't wait to see the results. While we were in Europe, Is aw lots of people with external add-on pockets. They were mostly uniformed workers (as the uniform system is still present and most works, or any sort still wear them). And I loved the idea of just adding an external pocket, not unlike your pocketed aprons.

    ReplyDelete