Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sights from Enterprise

During my vacation, I've been resetting my sleep schedule. This involves getting up at 5:00 in the morning. When one resets their sleep schedule, one still has to get up at 5:00 in the morning, even when visiting far away Eastern Oregon. My mom and I were sharing a room, so I would get up at 5:00 and go for a long walk around Enterprise. Here are some sights I saw.

What exactly is a "Homestyle" Laundromat and Car Wash? Do you bring in large piles of stinky laundry and eat a meal and watch TV while your mother cleans your clothes? Is there a hose and bucket of soapy water to wash your car with? Sometimes I wonder about people's choices for signs.

This picture is actually from later in the day. Wallowa Lake.

A peak in my bag. My ipod, a book on apple trees, water and a honey bear I purchased in Joseph at the Farmer's Market are all visible.

I liked the teacups on the door. It turned out that we ate here the next morning.

Back to the early morning walk. On this morning, my goal was to find as many churches as I could.

If I were Shawn and Sara, I'd know what this statue configuration outside the church was called.

The church itself.

A sign in front of the church that struck me as funny.

I walked out near the airport, where I also found the LDS church, and found this view of the mountains.

The moon was just beginning to set.

If memory serves, this was the playground for the Assembly of God Church.

Look at the amazing view they have from their swings.
Also on this day, I found the elementary school and attempted unsuccessfully to find the high school. I did find a baseball field and basketball court, as well as a skateboarding park.

1 comment:

  1. I like that the first place has espresso, too! It is almost a one-stop homestyle joint! The image is from Easter-tide and is the 12th station of the cross when Jesus breathes his last.

    ReplyDelete