Friday, September 12, 2014

Moneta Work Uniform finished.

Here it is!  One of the three.  They sewed up very quickly and look great.  I'm very happy with them.


I dropped the bodice 1/2 inch in the front (this was on top of the half inch added to the other dress) and could have gone another half inch.  If I make this again I will knock an inch off the back.  Apparently there's more front to me than back.  

I also made the sleeves about an inch longer.  There's a point in on my arm that I feel more comfortable when it is covered.  And the front neckline is lowered about an inch too.  

You can't really see the texture in the full body pictures, so here's a close-up.  The fabric is a really great weight for this dress, it makes the skirt sway attractively when I walk.  But man does it snag.  I'm currently discovering the many opportunities for snags throughout my day.
In a random note, I don't think my brother and I look very much alike, maybe a little through the eyes.  But there were about 10 photos in this series (I edited them down to two) and boy howdy did I have the same expression on my face as my brother.  It was weird.

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! This is such a great cut for you. I'm glad you added to the sleeve because I think it would look weird if the sleeves were shorter, and not because of your arms. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not fond of the cap sleeve. It both looks and feels weird to me. Also, I always thought you'd look good in brown, and I'm happy to have been proved right. :)

    I don't think you look much like Chris either, but I hear what you're saying. I've never thought I looked much like my own brothers but in certain pictures I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! And oh my goodness it has taken me forever to get to this post! I read it awhile ago so I could see your work. But, now the comments. I like that far away and close up it has a different look, colorwise. This will be great in the fall with tights and boots.

    ReplyDelete