Saturday, November 2, 2013

Three sentence movie reviews: This is the End.

And after marinating in a rare two hours of all-women-being-awesome-on-film, it's kind of head-shaking that not 24 hours later I was, by choice,* watching a complete and total boy-humor movie.  And this movie is packed with boy humor encompassing pretty much every boy-movie cliche:  poop, weed, masturbation, extraneous gore, urine, romance, alien invasions, random big action sequences, well-hung demons, and flirting with being a bad-ass.  For something that was designed to make you think that a bunch of pot-head, 20-something name actors wrote this while they were high, it was pretty top-notch, managing to pack a whole lot in to a tightly-scripted movie that had me gasping for breath through my laughter several times.**

Cost: free due to birthday present.
Where watched:  Laurelhurst.  With Matt


*I picked it as the movie Matt would take me to for my birthday.  Really.
**Seriously, if you are tuned into the boy humor, this movie is FUNNY.  I can recommend it.


 (ahem.  Also Channing Tatum has a tiny bit part in it.)

4 comments:

  1. I love how all of these man-child types are still getting to make their boy humor movies together. I would guess that they have piles of fun together during these movies. Glad you enjoyed the movie so much, that is perfect for a birthday outing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Self satirizing, snappy and surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you liked this! It made me laugh until my stomach hurt (Michael Cera's demise in particular just slayed me in an I'm-going-to-Hell way). How awesome/disturbing was Channing Tatum's cameo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every single bit of Michael Cera in that movie. And Channing Tatum was hilarious. And when James Franco and Danny McBride were arguing about Danny McBride's activities involving a certain naked lady magazine I literally could not breathe. There were so many funny moments. The whole Emma Watson comes back to the house... Craig Robinson with the **ahem** sculpture?

    ReplyDelete