Friday, July 31, 2009

Bus tip: Think about where the people who get on after you are going to need to get to.

The gentleman sitting on the steps made it very difficult to get onto the upper part of the Max train today. Misuse of space on a crowded Max train is one of my biggest pet peeves of the collective nature of public transportation. Rule of thumb: if you are standing in front of a space that people might like to stand, be ready to move aside at a moment's notice.

I happened to be carrying a big bag and two large rolls of curtain-making material and I wasn't a bit sorry when, after he refused to get up, those things hit him as I moved by him. I didn't do it purposefully, let's just say that I wasn't as careful as I might have been if he hadn't been so rude.

2 comments:

  1. I like the crowded messiness of this floor-shot photo.

    I shall have to shrink my camera down to a more conveniently portable size so I am more inspired to carry it around.

    ReplyDelete