Monday, June 22, 2009

Three sentence movie reviews--Up


The montage at the beginning of the movie that shows the whole of Carl and Ellie's relationship is perhaps one of the most perfect pieces of film making ever. A "family" movie you can bring your kids too, but adults in the audience will perhaps appreciate this adventure story in a way their children won't be able to for a few decades. This will probably be a top 10 film for me this year, don't you miss it.

Bechdel rating. Two women. Nope.

poster from: http://www.impawards.com/2009/up_ver2.html

2 comments:

  1. WE had not even pondered this movie. Which is strange because we have heard such good things about it. We better get it on our list! -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took the girls to see it last month. I loved the montage too - it made me cry (almost Sara-like you know the loud, yelping version or maybe you have not had the privilege of going to a sad movie with her I still remember My Life and her sobbing - I digress! Tim's grandma died last year at the age of 91 after 65+ years of marriage so it hit way too close to home. We loved the movie - I love Pixar!!

    ReplyDelete