Friday, May 15, 2009

Leverage filming here. Lucky us.

In walking to school from the Max, I cross a parking lot and the attendant and I have our friendly morning wave. This morning, the parking lot was packed. I was puzzled, until I walked by the next parking lot I encountered and remembered that the TV show Leverage is filming here. These trailers for the production were taking up two parking lots, forcing the usual parkers into the first lot.
I know little about the show, aside from the fact that all the press releases state that it stars "Oscar winner Timothy Hutton." To me, the fact that they have to advertise that Timothy Hutton is an Oscar winner doesn't really scream, "I want to spend my time watching it."

Here, they have commandeered the parking lot nearest to my school.
One of my favorite thing about movie/TV crews is their self importance. More than once, I've been walking down the street, headed toward my intended destination and had someone with a walkie talkie and a tool belt tell me in an arrogant tone that I will have to walk a different way "because we are filming." Once, I had to circumnavigate an entire city block to get into the library because their "filming" was much more important than my returning my books.

This crew was no different. Every morning, from 9:45-10:15, the children at my school go into the North Park Blocks for "Morning Movement" which is a large motor movement P.E. thing that the teachers run. This morning was no different except that not one, but two teachers were approached by crew members asking them to keep the children quiet because there was "filming going on." Seriously?

Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I am on a Bones kick right now. The reruns run on TNT. Since we have TNT regular and TNT HD the DVR records 4 episode back to back. I may not have to get the series DVD from Netflix after all. I digress. So, I have seen a LOT of the start of adds for this show (looks a little dumb to me), but I click past it with the forward button very quickly. Asking kids to be quiet because of filming. Sheesh! Who do they think they are?!?!?!? -S

    ReplyDelete