Friday, August 1, 2008

What the heck year is it?

I snapped this photo--do we really "snap" photos anymore?--on the way back from the post office mostly because I could have been wearing this outfit in 1988. She's got on leggings--with lace on the bottoms! She's also wearing a black tunic-like shirt with a bit of a ruffle on the bottom. Her hair was pulled back in a pony tail which might not have had a scrunchy in it, but it did have a large hair decoration. She's also carrying a stripy bag and wearing flats. As I don't think of myself as "old" it is weird to see fashions I wore in Jr. High/High School come right around again. It hasn't been that long, people.
p.s. For those of you dying for a scrunchy, they are available. Go get them and relive your late 80s/early 90s life. You can even get one called "Horsin-a-round."

3 comments:

  1. I know! Belts on the outside...we did that one, too! Pretty soon we will see pegged pants with keds. What is the world coming to?!?!?! -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was entirely beautiful. i think i could hug that leggings wearing woman. i love the throwbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pegged pants I really did! What were we thinking with the pegging and why oh why is it back?? Oh the humanity of it all...

    ReplyDelete