Thursday, June 19, 2008

My host family in Budapest.

Some of you may know that I am going to Hungary and Romania for two weeks in June and July with the church youth group I lead. I leave next Thursday and as the countdown goes on, I get more and more excited about the trip. This time (I went in 2005) we will be staying with host families in both Hungary and Romania. Today I received the following email:

Hey, Patricia!

I'm Barnabas,your host in Hungary. We are glad that you will come here! How are you? Do you know that we have one afternoon and a whole day to do something together. (my family and you) So we must think of a program you are interested in. What kind of program(s) do you want to have? Shopping day? Visiting monuments or builings? Tour in the woods? Seeing ruins? Museums? Or movie theatre which I do not suggest? Seeing the worst parts of Budapest(getto)? Seeing the richest parts of Budapest? Looking around in the parks? Visiting my dad's hospital? Or whatever you want. So tell us what do you want to do in your freetime and we will help organising it.

Bye, Barnabas

Okay! Sounds like a good trip in the making.

3 comments:

  1. How great! What a wonderful message! All of the wonderful things you can do. Oh I can't wait to hear! :) -S

    PS-I am confused: You state that you will be gone for 2 weeks in July and August, but that you leave on Thursday...still in June. I know we write copious letters to each other so I should know, know, know the details. But I just was wondering. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! June and July! I am fixing it. Thanks to Sara "eagle eye" Sterner for catching that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opt for everything except the ghetto. MOM

    ReplyDelete