Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Goodreads

Before today, I really liked Goodreads. It gives me "shelves" on which I put all my books in various categories. It has solved the problem of the ever started and ever disappearing "to read" list, as I now have that list as a shelf. It lets me see what my friends are reading, which is great because then I can get recommendations from them.

But now I really really like Goodreads. Why? The never-ending book quiz. All Goodreads members can submit trivia questions about books which then can be answered by other Goodreads members. In my short time playing, I've answered 98 questions (1.2%) and my average is 73.5 % correct. That puts me 3896 out of 30215 people.


Want to do better? Sign up for Goodreads today.

http://www.goodreads.com/

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I started this because of you and I am not so great. I am trying to decide if it is a better strategy to skip the ones I don't know or just guess. BTW - You are definitely kicking my bum with this one! YAY goodreads! -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped one (beause it was an annoying "how many times was so-and-so in jail" and I didn't like that question. But then, it shows up on your statistics! Which I didn't like. So now I just guess. AND! I didn't mention above, but you can be quizzed on just the books on your shelves. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete