Sunday, March 23, 2008

Lint Wrap Up.

Well, the season of Lent is over and I think it is time to call and end to my season of Lint. I was going to extend the Lint project through orthodox lent, but I've decided not to as I am busy with the garden and other projects and a soon-to-start class.

I went great guns at the beginning, but the last few weeks tapered off into nothing. I started Parkour classes and those take up five hours of my Saturday with which I would otherwise have been doing Lint things. I accomplished some good things in that time:
  • Divided my closet into summer and winter wardrobes.
  • Donated all clothing that I didn't like
  • Realized how few clothing items I love
  • Explored some new consignment stores and reacquainted myself with some old favorites.
  • Bought eight items of clothing and accessories.
  • Tried on 30 pairs of pants. Found one that fit.
  • Read a lot about style and wardrobe assembly
  • Learned a handy trick for checking pants to try on.
  • Realized I need to shop constantly, not just twice a year.
And so, with that last realization, the lint project lives on. I'm going to try to go shopping at least every other week until I get to a point in my wardrobe that I feel like I have enough. I'll most likely go to the Goodwill store on the way home from church, but I could also regularly visit two clothing resale places that are near my job. I'm still on the lookout for pants that fit and still really need new tops. When I find new items I'll post them here.

1 comment:

  1. Will you now call it wardrobe wrap up and still keep us, your fans, in the know? And well done on the work that you accomplished during lint. -S

    ReplyDelete