Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lint Progress: Savvy Plus

I love Savvy Plus. One of the things I hate about shopping is that it is so uncomfortable. In retail stores, I tend to feel grubby and worried that I "shouldn't" be shopping there. It's mostly all "me" stuff, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Being on the top end of normal clothing stores isn't fun, either. I tend to feel huge in normal retail stores. Savvy Plus is the solution. It's a clothing store for sizes 12 and up with resale and some new items. Both are reasonably priced.

And, it is run by Gaya who completes the package. She's very nice and full of good energy and also has my favorite combination of leaving me alone to navigate the store, but also providing more attentive service if I want it. She let me take her picture, even though I could tell she doesn't like to have her picture taken. Who wouldn't want to buy clothing from someone so great? It's also the kind of store where people pipe up with their opinion if something looks great on someone. The whole experience is shopping without all the baggage.
I hit the pants first. Gaya nicely told me to leave whatever didn't work in the dressing room. I appreciated that, as it is one of those things I'm often not sure about. I tried on six pairs of pants, but nothing worked there. I wandered around the store looking for a new black sweater that fits. I found a sweater-like thing that ties in the front. It was 50% off so only $7.00. When I got home I banished the "bit too small" sweater from my closet to the donate pile. That was a nice feeling.
I also found this jacket which fits very well and has both black, white and gray in it. It was 30% off and came to $16.80.
Savvy Plus. If you are female, size 12 or larger and live anywhere near Portland you must go there. Don't delay.

I've just realized that I might not need any more blazers/jackets/sweaters. I think I need to do step two of Ready to Wear before I shop again. That would be figuring out how many outfits I have in my closet and generating a list of what I need. I'll do that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Gaya looks like a lot of fun! And the website to Savvy Plus is really fun too! Nice finds too. Man...the pants again. BLECH!! There are some great pants out there for you...I am sure! -S

    ReplyDelete