Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Why yes, I'm making six loaves of bread today.

But I only have two bread pans!  So staggered baking it is.
At the time of this picture, I had two loaves rising, and had prepped the wet ingredients for the other four. When it was time, I poured the milk/water combo into a pot and heated it, then poured some of the warm milk/water back into the jar to loosen the honey.  Then I stirred in the butter--melted in the microwave--and that made it easier to pour the liquid into the dry ingredients while the mixer was going.

The bread turned out great.  But alas,  no pictures.

3 comments:

  1. The bread tasted great and one loaf is almost gone. I did not have a bun for the hamburger I wanted, so I used two pieces of the delicious bread. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six loaves is a lot! One for each family member?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One for Mom, Chris, Aunt Pat, Aunt Carol, Matt as presents. And I made one for myself because there was no way I was going to make five loaves of bread and not make one for me.

    ReplyDelete