Sunday, February 10, 2013

Three sentence movie reviews: The Broken Hearts Club

Yet another, "why not?" selection from the library, which seems to carry a goodly number of films with our gay and lesbian friends as subjects.  Aside from the absolutely hideously stereotyped token lesbian couple, I enjoyed this just fine.  It didn't really break ground on any fronts, but it was a good way to spend a cold, rainy afternoon.

Cost:  free from library
Where watched: at home.

poster from: http://www.impawards.com/2000/broken_hearts_club.html

2 comments:

  1. I love me some Timothy Olyphant (especially in Justified!) but I remember watching this film & thinking that he seemed really uncomfortable playing gay. It's practically the only thing I remember about it. It bothered me because I kept thinking about all these openly gay (and bi) actors who probably would have loved to have the part, and yet it went to a straight guy who didn't really own it. That makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Perfect Getaway! Have you seen that? Good Timothy Olyphant with the bonus of Steve Zahn.

    ReplyDelete