Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I love John Green and his love of learning.



For those of you who don't want to spend the four minutes listening, I've transcribed some choice bon mots to convince you to invest those four minutes.

"..sony my first mustache.."

"Who wants to read the Taming of the Shrew? You basically have to translate it from Shakespeare into English, when there is already an excellent filmic translation avaliable in the form of  10 Things I Hate About You."

"But yes, your teachers may be stupid.  So are you, so am I, so is everyone (except Neil Degrasse Tyson).  The whole pleasure of being a human is in being stupid, but learning to be less stupid together."

"I pay for your schools because I want you to grow up and make my life better."

"Your education is not just about you. Your nation is making an investment in you because they believe you are worth it."



1 comment:

  1. I also love love loved the Sony my first mustache! Died! :) He is so great. Shawn just ordered me a DFTBA pin. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete