Sunday, July 29, 2012

Three sentence movie reviews: Stop-loss

"Sweetheart, this movie has Ryan Phillippe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt AND Channing Tatum, why I have I not seen this before?" said I.  It also has Abbie Cornish, who I like despite not liking her character in Bright Star.  This was a pretty good movie, full of drama and tough choices, marking this as a "good" MTV films production.*

*Matt thinks he hates MTV Films, but I argue they can make some darn good movies when they set their minds to it.  Check out a list of their films.  Despite the presence of Jackass 2.5 and the like, there are some darn good movies on that list.  They are especially good a capturing moments in adolescence.  (Varsity Blues, ElectionNapoleon Dynamite.)

Also, I really like this movie poster.  Well done, unknown designer.

2 comments:

  1. I adore JGL! I didn't think this would be a Sara-movie. What do you think, NFS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be Sara friendly. It's not really violent, just a lot of talking in different rooms, when you get right down to it.

    ReplyDelete