Friday, July 27, 2012

Sourdough pancakes


I bought a sourdough starter with hopes of making my own whole wheat sourdough bread.  And other products.  Here's my first attempt at pancakes.  I neglected to take any photos of the final product.  They were thinner than I would have liked, which is something that I can fix next time. They were a rainbow of brown hues, due to the fact that cooking pancakes in a cast iron pan involves a range of temperatures from "a bit too cold, still" to "darn it, this pan is much too hot." 

1 comment:

  1. My Aunt Dianna always made THE best sourdough pancakes. They were my dad's favorite, so whenever we would visit she would have the batter out souring just for us. So yum! I haven't had them in years. I can taste them though now, the memory is so distinct.

    ReplyDelete