Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Loo Ceremony.

The school took part in the First Flush ceremony for the newest Portland Loo. As usual, adding children to the mix was delightful.

Listening to the speeches.

Waiting to sing our songs

Tara is ready to lead the 4/5 chorus.


After singing, ("New Loo" performed by the 4/5 chorus to the tune of "Blue Moon." Also, "Skip to my Loo" by the entire school) we did the first flush by doing a massive "all school" push that began in the K/1 grade blend and traveled up through the grades. Each student carefully--for the most part--pushed the arm of the student next to them all the way to the end of the line...

...where Julie passed off the flush to Tara and she ran inside and pushed the button. This resulted in a great photo that was in the Saturday Community Section of the Oregonian. Sadly, the photo is not included with the web site article.
The Oregonian's video (which sadly includes an ad) has a slide show and the Skip to My Loo song.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the Loo song and the first flush ceremony! What a delight. And all for a bathroom! But since it means no poo on your playground, I can see why it is such a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God. I wish so hard that I had been there. That sounds like the most adorable thing ever.

    ReplyDelete