Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Three sentence movie reviews: The Thing Called Love


I knew going into this that it was a really awful movie, but had hope that the scuttlebutt was wrong, as Peter Bogdanovitch was the director, plus Sandra Bullock and Durmot Mulroney starred along side River Phoenix (his last movie) and Samantha Mathis (who?*). But yes, it was that bad. There were a few lovely moments, and the commentary features make me like it a bit better, but mostly this is a "only if you have the flu" movie.


*the commentary alerted me to the fact that the studio was pushing her as a new big thing. I didn't recognize her at all, but IMDB helpfully informed me she stared as the "older Amy" in Little Women. Oh yeah, her.

2 comments:

  1. She was also in a lovely little British film about a widower as his nanny? Maybe. It must have been interesting to see more established stars when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I remembered correctly!  Here she is in Jack and Sarah.  Thanks IMDB.

    ReplyDelete