Sunday, August 14, 2011

Building Gone

When we last checked in with the site of the former club Satyricon, it was in the process of being torn down. I'm midway through a three week vacation, so I haven't followed the daily progress, but I happened to be in the neighborhood today and so stopped by to update.

The building is completely gone, debris moved away and there begins to be a hole dug.

If you squint at the above picture you can barely see the little graffito in the middle of nowhere. Below is a closeup. My theory as to how it got painted in the middle of the wall? I think there was a window that was still operable when the building went up and someone opened it and muralized.

1 comment:

  1. Is it the creature from Ghostbusters (Slimer)? Maybe that indicates when the graffiti might have been done. It amazes me how quickly a building can come down and disappear, since it seems to take much longer to build it up. Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete