Saturday, May 8, 2010

Getting out of bed.

I very rarely have problems getting out of bed in the morning. Most of the time, I wake up before my alarm and I get up and go about my day. Even on the weekends I don't tend to linger in bed in the morning. But the afternoon? That's an entirely different story. When not working, I tend to get sleepy after lunch and I lay down "for just a little bit." Getting up after that "little bit" is a Herculean task and the bit sometimes stretches to a good two hours or so. I nap and read and generally do anything possible to avoid getting up. "Just five more minutes" I plead to myself.

In that ideal life, which I think I can find by locating the city on the hill, I would not need a nap. But in this life, I do.

1 comment:

  1. I hate getting up. I have 3 alarms set and 2 of them are just for snoozing. So bad. I could use some napping. Did come home on Tuesday and konked completely out. Oh school, you are back again!

    ReplyDelete