Thursday, February 26, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?

If no professional, semi-professional or student athlete game in any sport was ever played again, I would not be sad. I'm not into sports. I am, however, into equity in sports and these signs frost my liver. What century are we living in?

Though not team-sports oriented myself, I have always been thankful I came of age after Title IX passed. These signs show that there are still miles to go before we have true equity.

How do I think the signs should be worded? How about:
Viking Men's Basketball
Viking Women's Basketball.

If you are going to put the qualifying possessive adjective on the women's sign, the men's sign needs it too.

1 comment:

  1. It is a bit odd. Wonder if I would have even noticed if you hadn't spotted it. -S

    ReplyDelete