Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The evolving story.

I started in July with a goal to write every day.  After the first three days, I started writing word counts.
 
I kept it up in August,  minus the four days I took off for Cindy's wedding.  On the 15th I realized my plunge-in-and-write style wasn't working and did some character development.  Then work started and I had no time to write.
 
I took a writing class in October, and resolved to return to outlining, as that had worked well in the past for me.  My goal was 500 words per day.  I was very good at meeting this goal.
 
Except for a few days, I kept it up in December, too.

Onward to January.  Will I finish my first draft by 1/31/14?  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I'm so impressed with both your drive and your tenacity! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! And good luck! Now that the move is over, I'm hoping to dive back into writing too. I feel like my creativity has been stifled for forever.

    ReplyDelete