Saturday, June 16, 2012

Three sentence movie reviews: He's just not that into you.

In trying to describe who should have been Snow White* in Snow White and the Huntsman, my friend who can't remember names of actors ended up talking about this movie and recommended I see it.  I totally disagreed with the premise,** but by ignoring my disagreement, I found this was a pretty enjoyable film.  The whole Jennifer Aniston/Ben Affleck ending really annoyed me though and I couldn't let it go.

*she was talking about Ginnifer Goodwin.
**If you want to go on a date with someone ask them.  If you want to call someone, call them.  If you want to marry someone, propose.  It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. This movie was set in the present, but had the gender roles of the 1950s front and center for the ladies.  Geez!

1 comment:

  1. I also mildly liked this movie. There were lots of situations that annoyed me. I thought the gender inequality was hard to bear as well.

    ReplyDelete