Saturday, April 7, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year.

There's a Christmas song that purports that Christmas time is the most wonderful time of the year.  I enjoy Christmas, but that holiday is a lot of work.  MY favorite time of the year is when my tax return comes.

I ignore all the financial advice in books and have the government withhold more than they should to ensure I get a good refund.  I know that I could do a savings program of my own, but quite frankly, interest rates are pretty much non-existent so it's not like I'm losing much interest.  And it's just more fun to get a huge chunk of cash at once.  I use it to put aside money for Christmas and the meat purchase and I buy big-ticket things I've been needing which usually means a pair of shoes.  And then I buy big-ticket things I've been wanting.  This year: Knife sharpening kit.
 
Also:  potato ricer.  In this case I riced the last of the potatoes I grew into mashed potatoes for Easter dinner.  The cookies were the Easter Bunny treats for everyone.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Our returns went into savings and will be transformed into another summer driving trip. This year we plan to go north for our tour! Its very tentative right now, but it is in the works.

    ReplyDelete