Friday, July 15, 2011

Three sentence movie reviews: Jane Eyre


This was a bit boring, and I did nod off during the movie. However, the chemistry was quite good between Jane and Mr. Rochester (whom I have just realized played Magneto in X-Men First Class--that guy is suddenly in everything) and I thought the acting was well done on all parts. It was rather sedately paced, good for knitting, I think.

poster from: http://www.impawards.com/intl/uk/2011/jane_eyre.html

Um, the spell check in Blogger just steered me to the correct spelling of Magneto's name. Why would it recognize a character in X-Men and not the flowers borage and calendula? Is Magneto also a word?

As it tuns out, yes. Dictionary.com defines it as such:
a small electric generator with an armature that rotates in a magnetic field provided by permanent magnets, as a generator supplying ignition current for certain types of internal combustion engines or a hand-operated generator for telephone signaling.

Now we know.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the cinematography. I remember when I read this story, in 8th grade it was gripping (Gothic drama is perfect for teens!), this movie was less so, but still good. I always love spotting Billy Elliot (Jamie Bell) in new things, he is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should know how to spell Magneto anyway, bc that's a girlfriend duty!

    ReplyDelete