Sunday, June 19, 2011

Requiem: Popcorn Bowl

Very early in the morning I head a crash from the kitchen. In my half-awake state, I thought "I'm not going to investigate that right now because it will probably just make me mad."

This turned out to be one of the smartest half-awake thoughts I've had as what was smashed into pieces too many to repair was my popcorn bowl.

My Great-Aunt Bea (known as Auntie Bea) was very crafty and one Christmas our family received a set of hand painted personalized popcorn bowls. Mine was a cheery yellow, and proudly stated that this was Patty's Popcorn Bowl. This was back when I was still called Patty.

There were even cute happy popcorns painted around the bowl. I've used the popcorn bowl a lot in the last few years, as it is the perfect size for a salad for dinner. Now, thanks to the cats the popcorn bowl has been swept off into the trash can. Auntie Bea died shortly after I moved to Portland, so there will be no replacement.

1 comment:

  1. What a tragedy. So sad. Bad kitties, bad kitties! That was like when my Sara cup that Shawn made for me broke (but he is still around to make a new one...).

    ReplyDelete