Sunday, May 22, 2011

Three sentence movie reviews: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift


The first thing that this movie asks you to believe is that the main character--who looks old enough to have done a stint in the army and then gotten his bachelor's degree with the GI Bill*-- is in high school. But it's not like these movies are realistic in any way, anyway. Tokyo looks good, as usual, and it's fun to watch the cars drift,** but this movie has really nothing to offer except for screen time with Sung Kang, who is fun to watch; overall this is a Fast and the Furious movie you can easily miss.***

poster from: http://www.impawards.com/2006/fast_and_the_furious_tokyo_drift.html

*IMDB tells me he was 24 when the movie came out.
**IMDB also tells me that the stunt drivers did all the drifting in real life, it wasn't created in CGI.
***"I don't want to watch any of them!" I hear you thinking. I totally get it. I'm just going through a thing, please stand by for return to normal movie viewing habits.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that a secondary character, Tokyo comes out looking good. You are so funny with this FF thing. It is not like I have not had a similar inclination (ahem, Twilight!).

    ReplyDelete