Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Workaround for getting a google map into a blog post.

Sometimes I need something off the Internet that won't let me copy and paste. In this example it's a Google Map. There is probably a quicker way to do this or some program to buy that will do it for you, but here is my way:

Get the map centered the way you want it

Push the “print screen” key.

Open Paint (in Accessories)

Paste in the picture (I use the control-V keys)

Save As JPEG

Close

Find wherever you have saved it and right click

Choose open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager

Crop to proper size

Probably compress

Insert into document.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. If it is for a blog post, you might consider the tips google has for embedding a map directly.

    If you need to do a lot of screen captures, or even to save a few steps for the occasional clip, there are good programs like ScreenHunter that make the process much simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey look, my hubs came by! How fun! I do your version too! :)

    ReplyDelete