Saturday, September 4, 2010

Three sentence movie reviews: Happy-go-lucky.


I was uncomfortable during most of this movie, first because the main character is so cheery-weird that it is off putting. Then, the escalation of the oddness of the driving instructor combined with the cheery-weirdness of the main character was very jarring. I'm sure that was all the point, and I was engrossed the whole time, but I felt exhausted by the time the movie was over.

Then, I got to feel uncomfortable all over again because my domestic violence cousnselor boyfriend disagreed quite emphatically with the main character's choice. Geez.

http://www.impawards.com/2008/happy_go_lucky.html

1 comment:

  1. The actress was in the latest BBC version of Auten's Persuasion. I kind of see her as that character now. I was very surprised to see her in modern dress!

    ReplyDelete