Friday, March 5, 2010

Shipping Container

I happened to be walking through Northwest Portland today and came upon a very fun find in this tiny building. "Is that a shipping container?" I thought to myself, and I strolled closer to investigate.
Indeed, it is a shipping container, modified to be a business! This pop up second story probably lets in a lot of light.

The shop was not open, so I couldn't see what the interior looked like.

It's very fabulous front window provides a little peek inside. A google of the name brings up a website (www.ayleeandco.com) that is still under construction, but provides a link to a Facebook page that says this:
Aylee & Co. is an exclusive collection of jewels featuring semi-precious gems and metals with an emphasis on asymmetrical design, lots of layers and old Hollywood GLAMOUR! Each piece is made locally by designer/metalsmith, Aylee Cody.
Now I want to be a designer/metalsmith with a cute shop in a converted shipping container!

Or maybe I just want to live in a shipping container home. See here.

1 comment:

  1. I love shipping container homes, too. I love how sleek they are and the cool combination of putting multiple ones together in different directions. The shop looks sweet! Hope you go back to give us the 411. S

    PS- check the link to the shop...it is off.

    ReplyDelete