Sunday, October 19, 2008

Slacking, and a recommitment.

It's been awhile since I've written a letter. Maybe since last Thursday, maybe longer. I've been busy, sure: work, general life maintenance, school, studying for the big math test, the *cough* blog--however little I work on it. But I've not been any busier than I was in April, say, and I managed to keep up with my letters well enough then.

I miss the daily writing of something. Through my teens and twenties I was a steady journal writer. My life has shifted away from needing to pour words out on pages--my current journal is one of those five year jobbers that you get four lines per day. It suits me well at the stage I'm in. But I think I enjoy writing enough that my year of letter writing has brought me great pleasure. It's different than a journal in that I'm connecting with someone who will read what I'm writing. And it's less formal than the blog in that I don't have to worry too much about grammar and spelling and also I know who will be most likely reading what I write.

(Not knowing who is reading what I write is one of the weirdest things about blogging for me. Recently, I had 99 visitors in a week. Who are those people? They read a little bit, based on the average amount of time visited. But because they don't comment, I have no way of knowing who my audience is.)

So I am recommitting to my New Year's resolution today, October 19, 2008. I will write something (if only a postcard) every single day for the rest of the year.

Are you wishing to get a letter from me? Add a comment saying so.

ps. Next year's resolution will not involve work on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment