Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 17: YRUU Beach Trip

The youth in my youth group took a trip to the beach today. Ron, Jimmy and I were there intrepid leaders. We rented a van and drove down to Manzanita where we used Ron's beach house as a base camp. Despite my constant exclamations of the 80 degree and sunny weather, it was gray and overcast. This did not keep Katie and Colin out the the frigid water.

We played Aw Shucks, walked into town and then roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for s'mores. Just as we were leaving it began to rain.

Oregon beaches. They're nice if you never want to go in the water.

ps. Until I googled "manzanita" I had no idea that the town was named after a shrub.

















1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like a beach front cook out. Not that I have experienced very many...but it looks like a great time was had by all!!! -Sara

    ReplyDelete